- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Pain Management in Arcadia
Pain can turn your life into something to be endured rather than enjoyed. Recurring or chronic pain disorders can render you incapable or working, performing essential daily tasks or pursuing your favorite activities. Even when an underlying condition cannot be reversed, the pain can be managed through right technique or combination of techniques.
That's why our team at S.M.A.R.T. Spine Institute and Surgery Center offers a variety of treatment methods to ensure that you benefit from the right pain management strategy for your specific needs.
There are several different types of pain, not all of which are automatically "bad." In an acute illness or injury, the pain fulfills an important and helpful role by alerting you to the problem and discouraging you from using the affected body part while it heals. But nerves can generate pain signals for other reasons as well. For instance, when a spinal disc or other structure presses against nerves or nerve roots, the pressure causes the nerve tissue to "misfire," sending incomplete or faulty signals that may include pain sensations. As long as the nerve pressure continues, you continue to feel pain -- even if the pain is occurring far from the actual point of impingement. (This is known as referred pain.)
Take Care of Your Pain the S.M.A.R.T. Way
As an integrated health and wellness clinic, our medical doctors, massage therapists, chiropractors and physical therapists make use of of wide range of healing modalities to address every aspect of what ails you. For instance, we might use chiropractic adjustment to relieve nerve pressure due to a sports injury while also prescribing massage therapy to relieve soft tissue pain. Our team also has access to specific pain management techniques such as:
- PRP injections - Injections of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) delivers concentrated healing of painful injured tissues via the patient's own blood platelets.
- Epidural injections - If a herniated disc or other painful neuropathic conditions won't respond to chiropractic adjustment or other conservative methods, we can inject a combination of anesthetic and steroid medication into the spinal column for effective pain relief.
- Stem cell therapy - Injecting stem cells into an injury site can encourage healing to relieve nerve damage and other causes of pain.
- Nerve blocks - If your pain is coming from a specific nerve or nerve cluster, we can inject anesthetic medication directly into the nerve tissue. Nerve blocks can also help us identify the precise source of pain.
- Nerve obliteration - If a nerve refuses to respond to other methods, we can apply radio-frequency waves to deactivate it permanently.
We regularly use these and other pain management modalities to treat:
- Sports injuries
- Low back pain/sciatica
- Shoulder pain
- Neck pain
- Herniated or "slipped" discs
- Knee pain/injuries
- Ankle pain/injuries
We offer free transportation to and from procedures for our surgery center.
Call 626-445-0326 to schedule an appointment at S.M.A.R.T. Spine Institute and Surgery Center. We can help you get the upper hand over pain