- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Orthopedic Surgery at S.M.A.R.T. Spine Institute & Surgery Center in Arcadia
Whether an injury is obtained from playing a sport, doing your job, or just some freak accident at home or living your daily life, it's never any fun to have to work around that injury in order to feel better or even function properly. Depending on the extent of the damage, there may be several different solutions that can help you regain your quality of life. For some, physical therapy, massage, and some chiropractic care can do wonders when it comes to pain management. At other times these options fall short, and it's time to visit S.M.A.R.T. Spine Institute & Surgery Center in Arcadia, CA to talk about the potential benefits of orthopedic surgery.
An Objective Surgery Center in Arcadia
S.M.A.R.T. Spine Institute & Surgery Center is unique in that it offers both chiropractic and general surgery services. With both chiropractors and a comprehensive team of M.D.s on staff, our surgery center is equipped to give you an honest assessment of your injuries and help you determine which course of treatment will work best in your situation, even when that ultimately means you need orthopedic surgery.
Types of Surgery Provided at Our Arcadia Surgery Center
There are many common types of operations that our qualified medical doctors perform for our patients that can help them regain strength and mobility. Some of these include:
- Arthroscopic Shoulder & Knee Surgery - The definition of arthroscopy literally means to look within a joint, and in both shoulder and knee surgery this is usually done at our surgery center with a small scope, making the surgery itself minimally invasive, which ultimately speeds recovery time
- Hand surgery - Hand surgery can encompass various ailments and involves the repair of nerves or tendons, draining cysts, skin grafts, and more. One of the more common injuries that often need hand surgery is carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel surgery is an outpatient procedure that's goal is to take pressure off the median nerve. The surgery is performed using an endoscope and requires only a two-inch incision. Before surgery is considered, our team of chiropractors and M.D.s look at various options for pain management and help you make an informed decision regarding what is best for you.
- Hip & Knee Surgery for Reconstruction - Reconstructive hip and knee surgery is common for those who have managed related arthritis pain is their joints through cortisone injections, but are no longer finding these options to be effective. The surgery is necessary because the joint's cartilage has broken down. While surgery helps, the patient must also be willing to commit to physiotherapy in order complete their recovery.
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery - Injuries in the shoulder or elbow most often stem from inflamed tendons, arthritis or fracture. At S.M.A.R.T. Spine Institute & Surgery Center we will look closely at the cause in order determine whether surgery or another treatment will be most effective for you.
- Foot and Ankle Surgery - Healthy feet and ankles are vital to mobility, which is why we look at all options for treating common foot and ankle injuries including plantar fasciitis, caused by lack of insole support, bunions, toenail injuries, and other foot and ankle problems. At S.M.A.R.T. Spine Institute & Surgery Center, we evaluate each problem and help you consider both surgical and non-surgical options.
- General Orthopedics - Orthopedics refers to an area of medicine that looks closely and diseases and injuries that affect the musculoskeletal system, which includes the nerves, muscles, bones, joints, tendons, and ligaments associated with the movement. While treatments may ultimately lead to surgery, other pain management and treatment options are also explored, and prevention is also discussed for those who may be at risk of re-injuring themselves.
Taking Care of Our Surgery Patients
When someone has enough of an injury to require surgery, they need to be able to effectively establish a strategy for pain management both before the procedure occurs, and while they are in recovery. Even simple everyday tasks, such as driving can make an injury worse, cause unnecessary discomfort, or impede the healing process. It orders to provide our patients with the convenience they need, we provide free transportation to and from any procedures our surgery patients require.
Contact Our Local Arcadia Chiropractor for More Information Today!
If you've been struggling with sports, occupational, or other injury and need a better pain management solution, there's a good chance S.M.A.R.T. Spine Institute & Surgery Center in Arcadia, CA can find the solution you've been looking for. Contact us at 626-445-0326 to schedule an appointment.